6/1/11

So disappointing

I think for my own piece of mind I'd feel like my miscarriage will totally be over once I write a little bit about it and just get some feelings out there. I guess I never felt great about the pregnancy since I wasn't feeling super sick like I did with Gage but I just chalked it up to a different pregnancy and different feelings. When I first realized I had started bleeding I instantly knew that I was losing the baby. The internet said that it was really common and then all the confusing thoughts started. Am I really miscarrying? Did I do something to cause it? If only half of the women that bleed miscarry could I be one of those? The tests we inconclusive when we first had them because you need 48 hours to take another blood test and compare the two so I went home hopeful but still really scared. Cody kept helping to keep me optimistic but after another day I had to know and was just tired of playing the "well maybe it'll be ok" game. After spending another night just lying in Cody's arms crying my heart out I asked Heavenly Father if I was losing my baby. The spirit told me SO strongly that I was miscarrying and even though it broke my heart to know that, I at least knew that Heavenly Father knew what was happening and if he knew then it must be a part of some big plan. The next day I took another blood test and by the next day the answer came back that my pregnancy hormone levels were dropping. A sure sign of a miscarriage. Even though Heavenly Father had already told me, it still hurt so bad to get that confirmation. The doctor said that the sack didn't appear to have a fetus in it so either one never grew or it only got a little growth in before it genetically failed somehow. Interesting enough, I was comforted that maybe a baby hadn't died in me but there's no way to tell. I've been busy enough with Gage that I haven't had to think about it much until now and I've been crying for the majority of this blogs writing but I feel like it really is the closure that I'm looking for. It's such a sad thing to have happen but I'm hopeful that the next baby won't take too long to join our family and I'm so thankful for the support and love that Cody showed me through this whole thing. It was terrible to be away from home while this happened but if it had been a week earlier or later, Cody would have been in school and wouldn't have been able to give me his full attention. He's such a strong man and such a wonderful husband. I'm lucky to have him. I just ask that everyone's prayers stay with us and I'm so grateful for all the love I've received from all of you.

6 comments:

Melissa and Erick Avila said...

I love you Annie Q. I can only imagine what you are going through and I am praying for your comfort and peace through this.

Rachel said...

I'm so sorry Annie. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, feelings and experiences. I miscarried in March and know that it is no fun at all. I had to believe, like you, that it's all according to Father's plan! You and Cody are wonderful parents and I'm sure there are plenty more anxious to join your home! In due time :)

Unknown said...

Sweet baby girl. I'm so sorry. Sorry we haven't talked since a few days ago. I will try to call you tomorrow. I love you!

kelleyplus said...

It is always a good thing to share your feelings of loss. It will help. Do it as often as you need to. We will all understand and love you through it. A little something is on it's way to help cheer you up.
And thank you Cody for taking such good care of our little Annie!!!

Kelly said...

Oh Annie, I'm so sorry. My heart broke for you when I read this. I wish I was with you right now. I'd make you a big Pazookie. Love you! You'll be in my prayers.

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

My sweet girl. I can't imagine how hard it must be to wrap your mind around a baby coming only to deal with the loss. Just know that that baby is still coming, just different timing. Heavenly Father will take good care of you guys and so will all of us! I love you