4/10/13

Chickens, Sticks and Boogers


So I got a new camera yesterday and I've been having a blast taking pictures with it. I know I've got a ton to learn about a DSLR and I'm looking forward to the challenge. I got a Nikon D3100 with a 18-55mm lens. I'm hoping a pick up a 55-200mm lens later on this week from craigslist so that should be really exciting. It's been cold and snowy up here for the last few days so I've had a chance to sit inside and play with my new camera. I've always been a die hard Canon fan but the Nikon had better specs and it was on sale for a hundred cheaper. So now I've got to figure out a new system. I loved capturing some of our favorite past times here at the farm. Going up to Gage's great Aunt Kolay's house to look at chicken eggs is one of them. In a close second it throwing sticks in the creek. I also had to include picture of Asher sucking his lower lip in and pushing it out. He could chew on that thing all day long. I wish I would have gotten a picture of us going to the ranchers store and holding all the baby chicks. Gage was in chicken heaven! And the little ducklings were my favorite of all!  Lastly Aunt Kolay's golden retriever is obsessed with Tipsy. They play together for hours on end and I wanted to try out my camera's action photo ability. Cool pictures came from that! Be excited for some beautiful country pictures to come!

First picture I snapped with my new camera ever. Kinda fitting of what my life consists of right now.

Lip out

Lip in

Showing Dad his hurt toe

Daily walks are a must!

Two eggs!



Throwing sticks in the creek


Just look at those eyes!


No comments: