8/7/09

So I thought it would be kinda fun to put up a blast from the past page. Cody took off for the next 4 days to be in Vegas with a friend so of course I'm moping around the house feeling sorry for myself. And what better to do than to look at sweet pictures that make you even lonelier? Anyway- these pictures are from back in the day when Cody and I dated in 2003. Wow that was forever ago! And I was thinking about it and I figured out that Cody then becomes the 2nd longest son in law to mom and dad that they've known (of course Ryan takes the cake on longest known) but I thought it was cool that Cody has been around the family for years and years.













I can't believe how different we look in these! We were so young! Thank goodness we weren't dumb youngins that got married right away. We both would have missed out on some serious adventures. Looking back it's funny to think about the last time I saw Cody the first time we dated. He was driving me down to Aspen Grove where I'd work for the summer and we were driving and just talking. Well we got on the subject of how great dating had been and how much we were going to miss each other and I told Cody that I thought he was going to be the best dad in the world and he teared up and told me that I would be the most amazing wife to someone someday. Who would have thought that I would be that wife for Cody and that he would be that Dad for our kids. I'll bet sometimes fate gets a really big kick out of times like that where it knew we'd get married. Anyway- The pictures just reminded me of that story. I sure love my little Cody and can't wait for him to get home. In fact he could cut the trip short and come home right now. I wouldn't mind.

5 comments:

kelleyplus said...

He's actually been around you for years and years not the family. But he's a keeper!

Kaiann said...

What fun pictures! Seriously, I can't believe that second picture, Cody looks like he is 12!!! I am really glad you guys got married, you make the best sister-in-law as well as the best wife! I couldn't ask for a better or funner sister-in-law. Love you.

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

Those are cute memories. It's always amazing to see all those little miracles that come together to make it all happen. I remember keeping a "miracles" journal when Ryan and I were dating just to remember. I'm glad Cody was it!

andrea said...

So cute! You are perfect for each other no doubt. I love you Annie!!

E said...

these pictures are so funny! you guys look SO young! i love it