10/27/09

Happy soon to be Halloween! This is going to be a combo update including both Cody's birthday and also the Brower family Halloween party. First off Cody had a great birthday filled with cake and friends and games. I invited a few of our friends and family over to have cake and share in the celebration. I made a graveyard cake (seeing as how Cody's favorite holiday is Halloween) and had some orange colored food. It was a lot of fun getting everyone together and made me realize how sad it is going to be to leave this place and all the friends and family we have up here. For his birthday I got Cody a 60 day pre-paid World of Warcraft gift card and a special plaque I made him in my pottery class. We also went this last weekend to his parents house for their big Halloween party. We had the weaning of our baby horses coincide with it so we could give them lots of support and love while they were without their mothers or milk. Cody and I went as a devil and a pregnant angel and I had a sign with me that read "the devil made me do it". It was a good comfortable outfit for me and pretty cute besides. Cody's make up job was a huge chore that luckily turned out pretty good. When I first started applying it the face paint came out orange and it looked terrible. Plus it was caking all weird too. So we used the black hair spray and some water to get it runny and darker and I think the result came out pretty good. Cody still has some pink spots in his hair which I'm sure his BYU-I teachers love. thank goodness we were able to get off the fake nails before church the next day. That would have turned some heads! Cody took 3rd place for costumes and overall it was a fun night of creepy food and a treasure hunt. We had taken away the mares that afternoon so the baby horses were crying and crying for their moms. It was pretty heartbreaking! But we wanted to do it before snow is all over the ground. That way when they loose all the weight from weaning they will still have good green grass to eat for a few weeks. It also made them very hard to leave because they were so hungry for attention that they would whinny and run to the fence whenever they saw someone. They were in need of some serious loving. So hopefully they transition well and figure out how to survive on just grass and no milk. So that's been my life for the past couple of weeks. The baby is growing well and he continues to surprise me with how strong of kicks he can give. Especially in the middle of the night. I can tell this is going to be a long 3 1/2 month wait! Love you all!


7 comments:

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

It really is a great job on the make-up. What a inventive idea!
How sad for the horses who just don't know why they are being treated so badly.

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

Sorry, that was mom not becky

Unknown said...

Cody makes a great devil! Nothing like a knocked-up angel too. =)

Amanda said...

is it okay that i am very disturbed by cody's costume? i guess thats the point right?? lol. the makeup looks great!

Kyerra said...

What fun costume ideas! We're glad you guys had fun at the family party! We wish we could have been there! And I've always thought that October would be a fun month to have a birthday in! Logan Dean and Cody are lucky that way I guess. *^^*

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

Ok so that might even be better than the football player and the pregnant cheerleader. Love it! And I love that Cody loves Halloween. A man after my own heart.

The Winsteads said...

That is a scary picture of Cody! You guys really went all out. I'll call you soon Annie Franny. Hope you are feeling better.
Regan