2/5/10

1 week and 5 days old already! I can't believe how much he's changed just in this short time! His face is starting to get chubbier and he has begun to eat more and more with each feeding. He was a real pill for a couple of nights but I am now happy to report that he is sleeping a little bit better. There are several things that have happened to this point that I wish I could go back and re-do these first couple of weeks. First I would always, and I mean ALWAYS, remember to point his little penis down when I put a diaper on him. When it points up his pee totally misses the diaper and ends up soaking his clothes instead. You'd think that after a few times of this I would remember... but I don't. Second I would buy the gas relief drops much sooner to save my son some of the agony of an upset stomach. Third, I would have somehow convinced my mom to stay an extra week. Fourth I would have never fed him with a "rapid" or "fast" bottle nipple. Turns out that there is a "slow" bottle nipple that enables him to eat a lot slower. He was downing 2 oz in 30 seconds- which I thought was a little fast. Fifth, I would have avoided a nipple shield since I think that has been a huge hindrance in getting him to breastfeed. Although without the shield he wasn't eating at all so it's hard to say. All in all I'm totally in love with my son and I can't wait for him to keep growing so I get to see what a handsome little man he's going to make.





6 comments:

Kelly said...

He just gets more and more adorable every day. I am so happy for you!

kelleyplus said...

So sweet that you wanted me there for two weeks. I never want to overstay my welcome! He is really growing and I miss him so much. It is pouring rain here. What a sad welcome home for me!

Kyerra said...

Oh so cute! I'm glad that he's sleeping better, for your sakes!

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

Annie he is just getting cuter and cuter, I seriously love him. He looks so little, I just forget they are ever that small. Don't you wish you could just freeze time? Love you

Brian said...

so cute! time for an update though- its been almost 2 weeks! and are his eyes brown or just dark blue? who would've thought! im glad we got to talk yesterday, its so sad not having my annie just a hop skip and jump away to see whenever i want. :(

Brian said...

that was amanda by the way- but i'm sure brian agrees with everything i said too. :)