2/2/10

Bath time for baby! This is a video of Gage's very first bath. He didn't seem to think much of it but I might have had the water too cool. He screamed quite a but but he was so happy and clean when it was all done. We went to the doctor yesterday and Gage weighted in at 7.1 so he's back to birth weight after only a week so he's doing really great. He's been sleeping poorly the last couple of nights so Cody and I haven't gotten much sleep. I think he's had gas so we bought some gas treatment and I think he's been getting a little better. He smiles randomly sometimes and I'd love to get it on camera but I'm always just too late. His smile is a darling little side grin and it reminds me so much of Cody's side smile. So the vote is still out whether he looks like Cody or like me. I think we'll all just have to wait and see. Sorry this isn't very long but I figure people mostly want to see the pictures more than anything.




6 comments:

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

He is so darling. He changes so much everyday! In those pics my vote if for Cody all the way, but that could change in a week. Ami hated baths the first few months but now she just loves them. I need to call you and chat about new mommy stuff. Wish I was there!

Amanda said...

Cute! I remember the newborn bath time like it was yesterday! Although it is much easier now that I can just put Kate in the tub- even though she still hates it!

Unknown said...

He looks so small compared to Cody's hands! I'm glad you have a baby now because that means more posts!! I love him.

kelleyplus said...

Keep a warm washclothe on his tummy when you bathe him. It makes him feel more secure and safe. Also try to hold his little arms toward his body so they don't flail. This also helps him to feel safe. He definitely looks like Cody at this point.

kelleyplus said...

He is surely getting so big. Look at that tummy!

andrea said...

OK I know I am going to sound like a crazy person, but I swear he looks like Andin! When Andin was his age he had jaundice too...so that might be it...and the blond hair. But sheesh!