1/30/10

So I had a little photo opt with Gage today. Yeah I actually got dressed and put make-up on. It was a big step for me considering that I've been hanging around the house in just a sports bra. I've now graduated to the status of a cow. So it was nice to feel like a women again even if I'm the only one who gets to enjoy seeing me. Well I guess Cody is around too and he could probably use the reminder after having to see by body go through some very un-lady like treatment over the last week. The first picture on the blog is not focused on anything but a very funny face that Gage makes a lot. He's got what we call shifty eyes and he is always checking things out around him. I think it's pretty dang cute!



Other pictures on here include his Popeye face and also one with his eyes open wide. The video however I think reflects best the different expression that he is capable of doing. The pout is my absolute favorite. And he is very good at it.




























In other news I got pooped on big time today. I figured that with a boy I would expect to have the occasional instances where he pees on me. However today he really out did himself. I was changing his diaper and had his legs lifted up high while I wiped his bum. Well sure enough he wasn't done with pooping because it came shooting out and covered his blanket, the carpet and my pajama bottoms. Poor me. And the funny part was that as I was cleaning things up he did it a second time and got me again. Mom and I thought it was pretty funny.

Lastly I wanted to write a thank you to my wonderful mother who made this whole ordeal so much easier. She came rushing up here to see the baby being born and she stayed till today helping out at the house. She cooked and cleaned and watched Gage at night but most importantly she keep me company and showed me that she loves me. Her little grandson adores her and I couldn't have gotten through the first week with as much calm without her. She was a life saver through the whole Jaundice thing and I'll always treasure the time we spent together smiling and cooing to little Gage. Sometimes it's great to just have someone else around to talk about what a miracle little newborn are. So thank you mom for all your help and I hope your birthday is fun filled. You mean the world to me. Love you!

5 comments:

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

So seriously, I thought I had pretty cute kids, but he is honestly one of the cutest little newborns I have EVER seen! I love him so much already. I'm glad the jaundice is coming down. That is always really stressful. Isn't mom the best to have around with those newborns? I sure love you, and miss you guys!

Unknown said...

I love him!!Your video won't play for some reason so I'll have to check back. I want to snuggle him and love him. You look fantastic by the way!

kelleyplus said...

Thank you sweet Annie. It is my great pleasure and honor that my daughters want me around to share in this the greatest miracle of life! I love you and miss our little baby Gage sooo much.
Mom

Kyerra said...

I love the pics! What a cutie! I couldn't get the videos to play, either so maybe next time. Love you guys!

andrea said...

He is seriously a CUTE newborn...and I don't say this often. He really is very very cute! I tried calling back so call me when you can! I love you!