1/12/10

Baby Craze!

Not many pictures to update with this time around but for those of you who don't see me regularly this is how I looked this last Sunday. Big... I know! The belly just keeps growing and growing. My motivation with work is beginning to slack off big time and the new eating plan that Cody and I are doing is going well but I'm sure missing all the sweets I allowed myself to indulge in. I'm really feeling good about eating better because as much as people keep telling me to just enjoy myself and not count calories- I have the sneaky suspecian that the stress of a baby will only make me want to eat more poorly. So here's to hoping that I can change my eating habits before the baby comes. I am not looking to lose weight by any means- I know that's not healthy- but my OBGYN said that I should be alright if I try to keep my weight at 165 till the baby is born. I'm really hoping that the baby comes early. As of right now I'm averaging about 6 hours of sleep at night and wake up about every hour to ice my wrists and shake feeling back into my hands. Cody is really sweet and has been giving me hand and arm rubs when he notices that I'm awake and can't fall asleep. I'm going to see my doctor on Thursday and I think I will really look into some after birth surgery for my wrists if it doesn't get better. The promise of early induction is looking more and more tempting. Last week Cody and I started birthing classes and we had a lot of fun while there. We go for the next 4 weeks every wed night. Our instructor is kind of an interesting women but other than that I love being able to learn breathing techniques and pain management. One of the calming techniques involves your spouse telling you a story to try and get your mind off the pain. So the teacher gave us 5 mins to lay down and be told a story. So Cody starts in with a beautifully described day with my baby horses and just 30 seconds into the story I start crying. It was such a sweet little story and once I start crying it is like a flood gate that opens. Every time we tried to gain control and start another story I would bust up in a crying/ laughing combination. We were the most distracting couple in the class. Oh pregnant moments! In other news the Brower clan is going to throw me a baby shower on the 23rd of this month in Pocatello. I can't wait!!! As long as Gage doesn't come before then :) I think Cody and I will be coming down to Utah to attend the funeral of my cousin. It's probably going to be an unpleasant drive but I want to be there and Cody still hasn't met the majority of my extended family. Anyway- Carpel Tunnel doesn't go along with typing very well so I'll try to update again when I get some more news and or pictures. Hope everyone is doing well!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm so sorry this pregnancy is so uncomfortable for you. I hope the baby comes out the minute it is ready. I am so excited for you!

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

I can't believe you have carpel tunnel! I have never heard of anything like that with pregnancy. I'm so sorry. I think eating good is always great. But just don't feel too bad if you just need a huge bowl of ice cream. I'm pretty sure I couldn't have survived preganancy without ice cream. Let's just say I might have had a bowl every night:) Can't wait to see you guys soon.

kelleyplus said...

YOu look beautiful baby and don't worry about eating right- that is always a good choice!!!Now don't get too ahead of yourself with this baby coming, my ticket is for the 6th!!!

andrea said...

You are gorgeous! Hang in there, you are doing great!

Kyerra said...

Oh, I wish that I could make the baby shower! You'll have to post pics! *^^*