6/10/10

The hottest summer event!

So here's to the hottest week of the year! Literally- the hottest I've been in a long time. I think the only thing that was hotter was Sevilla in Spain. I'm happy to report that Gage survived the week with a spray bottle, wet shirts and lots of sun screen. And unfortunately not much helmet wearing was happening. The doctor had us keep the helmet off except for nights because he had such a hard time adjusting to the helmet in 100 degree weather. At least there was the lake- which didn't help Gage but Cody and I sure enjoyed it. We did some wake boarding and Cody took a pretty hard spill but I think we both surprised ourselves with how good we are at it. I've only done it once before with Steve and Leah on the lake so I was glad to know that I remembered Steve's tips. On our way back up we stopped in Logan for my nieces baptism (congrats Alexis!) and we stopped by my Aunt Kathy and Uncle Phil to say hi and my grandpa was there also so I was able to snap a picture with me, Gage and Grandpa. Gage wasn't cooperating. This weekend we are heading up to the sand dunes with some friends to have some fun. Don't worry Dad- I won't ride too crazy :)





6 comments:

annieq84 said...

In my own defense, that life jacket was WAY too small but the only one that would fit me! :)

~ Cody

Unknown said...

Looks like a great trip!

kelleyplus said...

I'm glad you managed to have some fun regardless of the heat. You are uch a good sport!!!

Amanda said...

oh what sunscreen did you use on him? the doctor here told me that you aren't supposed to put sunscreen on babies under 6 months, but i'd rather take the risk of Adam POSSIBLY having a reaction to the sunscreen then the fact that he DEFINITELY WILL get sunburned without it.. But I'm not sure what kind/brand to use. Did you just use a baby brand?

annieq84 said...

We were going to buy the expensive kids stuff and realized that it was exactly the same ingredients as the adult one- just diluted more so we called our doctor and he said to get whatever brand but the spray on kind would work just fine. And it did so I'm not sure if Adam might react to something else but we used equate sport sunscreen spf 50 continuous spray and didn't have any problems. I can't even imagine the sunburn he would have gotten without it!

Kyerra said...

Cute pics! I wish i had gotten more of them while we were there! I don't suppose that you could email me some???? *^^*