5/30/10

Just to match his eyes

Well the helmet is finally here and you can tell that Gage doesn't think very much of it. I think the close up of him puts the whole thing together without even using words. He's actually taking it better than I thought he would and so far I think he's adjusting better than I am. It's weird to go from snuggling your baby all the time to having a helmet in the way. I'll go in for a kiss and if Gage turns I get a helmet to the side of the face. Perhaps he does it on purpose as pay back. He's slowly working into the helmet with one hour on one hour off yesterday and two hours on and one hour off today. He doesn't have to wear it over night for a couple of more days so at least there's that. The general consensus is that he is actually cuter because of the helmet. It frames his face and really shows off his eyes so I agree with everyone. The doctor is really concerned about us taking him camping in St. George next week because if he gets too hot he can get heat rash or become dehydrated, so I'm suppose to watch him very closely. Motel 6, here I come, if he's not handling it well! We were suppose to be staying on a house boat like we do every year but the people who share the time share sank it up to the top deck and now it's totaled. They blame the sinking on a huge storm that popped up but no other boats on the Lake sunk so we think it was the intoxication of the inhabitants more than anything. I'm actually relieved because I was nervous to do that kind of a trip with a 4 month old. Not many ways to escape a loud, full house boat.
It's been so fun to watch Gage develop and do things that he couldn't do the day before. For instance, a few days ago Cody came into the room all excited because Gage had rolled on his side (a feat which he repeated all day and then hasn't done since so that's odd). Also he has begun to open his hand and grab objects when he feels them brush up against them. Additionally, he has rolled from his belly to his back a couple of times. Bottle feeding has become really tough cause Gage wants to hold his own bottle but ends up swatting it away most of the time.




























Also my friend Kristen had her baby and she is so beautiful. It was so fun to hold her cause she's only 6 pounds and Gage was never that small. We're already planning the dating future. We think they'll be a nice match some day. Well that's about all I have for this post. Love you all!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

it does bring out his eyes! i'm pretty sure with a baby that cute, all a helmet can do is make him even cuter. love you! :)

Unknown said...

What a little doll! I love the picture of him in his car seat giving a little smirk.

kelleyplus said...

I love that first picture!!! It truly says it all. So cute. He is really growing up isn't he. He sure smiles alot. He is so beautiful-
Mom

Kyerra said...

Cute pics! *^^*