5/10/10

The past little bit

Here are some randoms from a few weeks past till now that I thought showed what we've been up to the past little bit. First off was our kite flying day that was a lot of fun. If nothing else can be said of Rexburg it's that we have some crazy wind. Usually it's not a good thing but once it's tamed and beaten it can be used for good. We bought the kite for a dollar and when we finished we passed it off to a father/ daughter combo who seemed pretty happy to have it.














In other news we got back from our concert weekend and had so much fun! We saw 30 seconds to Mars live and even though Jared Leto (the lead singer) was sick he still put on a great performance. There was a moment when he snuck to the back of the center and did a little acoustic performance and then had the audience crowd surf him back to the stage. I was so glad to have Cody there cause I wanted to get to the front to see the band, so Cody bulldozed his way through- no small task if you've ever been to a crazy concert- and got us right up front. The crowd is so crazy that he had to put me in front and brace against the crowd. I thought I was going to suffocate but I'd totally do it again. It's funny how animalistic people can get in those kind of situations with the fighting and cussing and shoving. It pays to have a huge husband! I glad there weren't any fights that broke out, mostly because Cody can put the meanest scowl on his face so people don't even try. I'd like to thank my sisters-in-law Kaiann and Kaylee and my brother-in-law Kevin for watching Gage for us. It was so fun to pretend to be young again. It wasn't hard with the whole audience being 17 years old!




Also in other news we came home last night to a bit of a disaster. The sewage pipe had disconnected while we were gone so we came home, flushed the toilet once and sewage exploded into our kitchen and dining room. The picture above was taken for the landlords as proof that it wasn't our fault. The last plumber secured the pipe to the opening with duct tape. I know... duct tape! The guy this morning couldn't believe the last plumber was so stupid and lazy. Every drop of water shakes that pipe on the way down so it was just a matter of time before the tape wore off. The house smelled sooooooo bad so we brought Gage into our room last night and shut the door, opened the window, and turned on the heater. I think we're going to a friends house for the next couple of days while the pipes are fixed and the carpets cleaned. Our landlords are being really great about it which is nice. They are even thinking about taking out the carpet from the kitchen and replacing it with tile which would be awesome! Also below are some pictures from the birthday dinner and play with Cody and also my happy birthday haircut I gifted to myself. I also got to talk to my little sister this weekend who is serving a Mormon mission in Korea. She gets to talk to us twice a year (mother's day and Christmas) and I was so happy to hear that she is doing so well and also learning the "ropes" of the mission. It made me really miss being out on mine till I noticed the exhausted note in her voice and I was a little less sad. I'm so proud of her!




3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the hair! Do you like it? I am proud that you are wearing my sweater. =)

Leisha said...

Cute haircut Annie:)

kelleyplus said...

Oh Baby! How awful tohave a sewer pipe leak. Please get out of that house!