5/6/10

At Last!

So the pictures here are from our trip to Cody's parents place to help clear the irrigation ditches for the upcoming summer. It was pretty grueling work! And I went on a couple of horse back rides to top it off so- talk about a sore body! Chilly came up to ride horses with me and Cody and we had a blast. I don't know when the last 4 hour ride I went on but I forgot how much fun it can be to just pick a mountain peak and figure a way up to it. We had a couple of scares while riding. Chelsea got pinned into a huge grove of trees/ bushes and it was also a snow drift pile so the horse was having a hard time getting out of the snow. Luckily we had her on the 31 year old best horse in the herd so the horse kept calm and no one got hurt. The tricky part was that there were tons of branches and downed trees under the snow that popped up under her when the snow was brushed off so at one point the snow was half way up her belly and there were 5 branches criss-crossing her legs. Then my horse, which is still just green broke (so not very reliable) kept breaking in to a gallop for no reason out of the blue. And I mean a fully out gallop with the occasional buck. The worst was his galloping across this huge stretch of rocks. Glad I was able to stay on. Gage met the horses for the first time and I could tell that it was the beginning of legends. He also laughed for the first time that day and we got it on film. He doesn't do it till the 4th time of Cody tickling him so be sure to watch the whole thing. It is so cute to watch Gage become a real kid and I've got to say that I love his smile. He'll smile at me whenever I look at him now and I love it!




3 comments:

Amanda said...

so sweet! thanks for blogging (especially posting pictures!) i knew you wouldn't let me down. love you :)

kelleyplus said...

yes! yea! yea! Pictures! I love the one with the horses checking out Gage. They are like-"What's this?" I love the video of Gage laughing. Cody is really working it there!
I wonder how long of a drive it is to Denver from here?

Kaiann said...

Oh what a cutie!! I can't wait to see him this weekend, and you guys too of coarse =). Love you