10/31/11

Grandparents, halloween and snow!



























































































Well we just got done having a wonderful visit from Mom and Dad Kelley, or I guess I should start calling them Grandma and Grandpa (since my mom taught Gage to call them that). I can tell he misses them already! They came for the weekend and we kept busy playing games and going to the dog park and it had snowed right before they came so things were really fall'ish. Gage likedto eat the snow at first till his hands went numb and then it was all tears and sadness. We also went to a trunk or treat with mom and dad and I can't imagine anything cooler to a toddler's mind. Halloween just became his favorite holiday I think. At least till Christmas comes along. I loved watching Gage interact with his Grandparents. Seriously, what parent wouldn't want someone around who loves and is as proud of your kid as you are. He's such a friendly loving little guy that he instantly loved them both and couldn't get enough hugs and loves. Plus it was my dad's first visit here so we got to show him around the house we are very proud of. I'm just glad our bug we all had before they came didn't hit my mom super hard and my dad missed it all together. Such luck! I was totally sick and miserable for the whole day!

Gage also dabbled in some more trick or treating tonight and I'm impressed he caught on the the spirit as much as he did. By the time we'd cleaned house on the neighborhood homes he was a natural. Often charming old ladies to give him three or four pieces of candy. My favorite comment of the night was from one lady who asked "now, do mom and dad like gummies more or chocolate" and I do hope to get some of that candy but man Gage has been crazy about candy lately. And we didn't have enough kids come to the door so we've got a whole fish bowl of candy left. Oh well. I wish my mom and dad could have stayed till tonight but I'm sure they were happy to be back in their own beds, especially with my mom being sick. All in all it was a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

Silvesters said...

I love gage so much. He is super cute. Keep posting I love hearing new things.

kelleyplus said...

We had so much fun and miss you tons! He is the cutest little tike around. We love you guys so much and are so proud of you! Gage... say G R A N D M A !!!

Rachel said...

He really is a handsome kid! He's starting to look so grown up.