10/25/11

New Floor!




Well I have to admit that this last project sure was intense but I think it's given us our best return yet. As any of you would know, dining rooms and carpets weren't ever meant to go together with a toddler in the mix. So we decided to put down a laminate click and lock floor to replace the carpet in the dining room, the vinyl in the kitchen and more carpet in the living room and laundry room. The living room opens into the back yard and I was tired of yelling at Gage and our dog every time they tracked something on it. So, ever ambitious of us, we decided to use Cody's inheritance money from a great Aunt to take on the project. And I've got to say it turned out great. It took two full weekends and a lot of Seseme Street episodes for Gage but it's all over with just a couple of finishing touches to go. Our house had some really outdated and trashed base board so we decided to replace them everywhere except the bedrooms. That portion of the project is ongoing but it helps make our house feel high end. We got the higher quality laminate that had the padding already on the back and we got it for a great deal too! 600 sq ft for only $900. Another $200 in trim and the grand total was just $1,100. And I'm so happy with the results. It got rid of so many of my problems and gives the house some real character. And let me say right now that Cody is amazing. I always grew up loving to do home projects with my dad and I love being able to do it with Cody. I'm probably about as effective as I was back then but I just love to see things come together. And might I add that a huge part of the demolition was all me. I pulled the 3 layers of vinyl off the kitchen floor and that stuff does not come up willingly. The hardest part was trying to get stuff done around Gage. He was a trooper but a horrible annoyance nonetheless. So that's another home project from the Browers! Enjoy!
Before and After!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!








































































































































7 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh. That looks soo good. I love the wood color you chose.

Chelsea Kelley said...

Annie franny! That looks so lovely. I want to visit your home! Look at all your projects! I never knew you were such a trophy wife... :-)

kelleyplus said...

It all looks fabulous! A real change from the old. You two are really amazing. Can't wait to see it in person in just 3 days!

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH IT LOOKS AMAZING!! Seriously Annie, I love it. The color of laminate you got is my favorite kind. Not too dark, not too light with color variance. I am very impressed. I think the best before/after picture is taken in the dining room looking into the kitchen. We've got to get out to your house!

Clara said...

I love the new floors!!!! After next Wednesday things will calm down at work...I won't be working 30-40 hours a week!! :)

Let's play soon!!!

Kyerra said...

Wow! It looks awesome! I bet that is fun to have! *^^*

Leisha said...

Wow!!! That is beautiful:)