1/22/12

First preggie pics







Well here are some pictures from this week. I'm looking pretty dang pregnant for just being 4 months along (apparently not so weird for a 2nd time mom) and I'm fully enjoying the fact that I can now go 3 hours without eating and feel pretty good still. I had an appointment this week and got to hear the heartbeat. A solid 165 which I think is exactly what Gage was. I need to look up that superstition about the heart beat saying if it's boy or girl. I put no stock in it but it's still fun to look at. Everything seemed to go well at the appointment and my thyriod levels are going back down after spiking in the first trimester so that's a relief. I should be able to find out the gender in just 3 weeks. Earlier than I was first told I could. Gage has a new tooth coming out this week has been one of those just get through it times but I think he'll really continue to get better now that words are coming to him a little easier. The problem is now that he uses a word and it's close enough to sounding like a real word that we both get frustrated trying to think what it might be. Just another step in getting him to talk I guess. The bottom picture is a typical Gage face I get when he wants something and he's trying to be charming. This look is usually followed by him saying "candy" or "cookie" and since I'm trying to encourage talking he occasionally gets it, which just makes him say it more. Visits with the speech therapist haven't been forthcoming and she usually comes right when he gets up from a nap so he's not all that friendly. I may need to get the time changed.

As many of my blogging friends know I got asked to be president of Relief Society in my ward and although it's only been a month I'm so excited, exhausted and honored to be working in this calling. It's a big job since we have over 200 women in the organization but I feel equal to the task and at least I know a small "break" will be coming in July. As if having a kid can really be considered a break. Regardless I'm going to do the best I can and I'm lucky to have steller counselors to help me out. Cody is also really busy right now in school with a clinic that gives him a real life criminal and he has to defend them in court and be their lawyer. It's for low income people and under the supervision of their professors he's sworn in and is a legal lawyer during this clinic. So needless to say it is taking all of his time and when I finally get him home the poor guy is exhausted. I'm so proud he made it into such an honored clinic. It's really difficult to get into and I think he'll look back on it as some of the fondest memories of Law School.

We almost got rid of our dog this week cause she kept breaking out of the yard and I've been really fed up with her but we decided to give her another chance. A dog catchers ticket runs in the hundreds around here and if it weren't for awesome neighbors we would have racked them up by now. She's not allowed on the carpet anymore either which is going really well and has greatly reduced the amount of cleaning I have to do. Anyway, if things go back to being too much for me we might have a very sweet, very lovable lab on the market. Anyway, all this was a little rambling'ish so thanks for sticking through it. Gage has his birthday on Tue with a birthday party next Sat so some pretty fun pictures should be coming up!



3 comments:

kelleyplus said...

You are such an amazing woman! I am soproud of my children. When becky asked what I want for my B-day I said, "Children who love the Lord" and that is exactly what I meant! Thank you for loving the Lord and being willing to take this monumental job! I love you so much.
Mom

Silvesters said...

Love the update!!!! I didn't know you were called to the rs pres. I must not follow well enough. I am happy for you and can't wait for the next time I get to see you. Love you all very much.

Leisha said...

Oh Annie, you are amazing with a good healthy attitude. Say, if you ever have to give up that sweet Tipsy, we may be interested.