1/27/12

Birthday at Chuck E Cheese!


































For Gage's birthday we decided to go to Chuck E Cheese as a family and since his big birthday party is on Sat it was just the three of us. Gage sure had a blast and after his coins ran out managed the bum 3 more tokens off various people. He's just sit by the ride and someone would come along and put on in. And mind you we started with a TON of tokens. 20 free ones for his birthday and 50 more that came with our pizza deal . I don't know who had more fun on the games, Cody or Gage. And what did 70 tokens amount to? 300 tickets which bought 4 pieces of candy. Not a great return but still was totally worth it. I'm excited to have a two year old but I'm bummed that Gage no longer gets into everything for free. Not flying free is going to be the biggest blow but maybe turning 2 means him growing up and getting a bit more self-sufficient. This morning I put underwear on Gage just for fun. I thought he'd really get a kick out of it but instead he ran right over, grabbed a diaper and laid down on the ground. And he NEVER willingly subjects himself to a diaper change so he did not like the underwear one bit. Maybe he could sense that they symbolized an ending to diaper freedom. And trust me, I'm not interested in potty training for quite some time more. I don't even know where I'd start with him since his language is way behind and I couldn't even explain to him how it all works. I guess we could lock ourselves in the bathroom and I could have him drink a ton of water and just wait. Maybe that's how it begins. Plus he's two and a half by the time the next baby comes so I don't know whether to try it before (since I'll be super busy after the baby is here) or to wait till after since they say kids revert to diapers when a sibling comes. Any thoughts? And then potty training him will introduce the toddler bed which frankly I'm not sure I'm ready to give him that kind of freedom. Anyway, I'll be having a big ol' update after his Thomas birthday tomorrow. I ordered a super cute cake and have about 10 kids coming so it should be a blast! Can't wait!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

You guys look like you had so much fun! How is he 2 already? I was wondering the same thing on the potty training. I think if he shows interest before the baby is born maybe you should try to push it but if not it might be best to wait. I don't know though...I have never potty trained a kid before.

kelleyplus said...

Just wait until after the baby comes. Most little boys don't potty train until three anyways and yes he will probably revert. My two cents worth!

Leisha said...

I would turn him over to his Dad to potty train him. It worked for me, at least with the boys:)