10/14/10

Neighborhood watch




I think I am now officially the place to be in the neighborhood. The neighborhood has a great collection of little kids who love to play with Gage and Tipsy all afternoon. Tipsy's in heaven the whole time but Gage interacts for about the first hour and then gets too overwhelmed and cries till I rescue him and kick everyone out. There's also one 15 year old named Hannah who originally came over to offer her bbsitting services (her little brother and sister hang out here) and now she just comes over after school to watch TV and hang out. Yesterday I got a call from her asking if I could get her from school since her mom and dad were at work and the school only had a half day. I was already out and about so I grabbed her and mentioned that I wasn't looking forward to going to the city office to get on food stamps and having to wait in line for 3 hours. She said she'd love to come and keep me company and play with Gage so I thought- why not. Kinda random but the company was nice. Additionally I also watch her two siblings in the morning from 7-8:20 3 days a week for the next 3 weeks because their mom had her hours at work changed and she needed some help. So yep- I always wondered if being a stay at home mom would be boring. How wrong I was. I just barely told the kids that today I was going to get some stuff done so they couldn't play. I can't believe the house is so quiet. How nice. The hard hat picture of gage is from my camera at our ward chilli cook off. They take it very seriously with 24 different entries of chilli and ton of decorations around the room simulating the 59'ers gold rush on Colorado. I didn't even know they found gold here. The things you learn. Also I've included a video of Gage and Tipsy. Gage was fussing this morning and all of a sudden I heard him giggling uncontrollably. I just caught the end of it but you can see who was causing all the fun.

2 comments:

Leisha said...

So cute. I love your updates!!

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

Annie you are so hysterical with all those neighbor kids. I just don't think I could handle it. Ok I just decided I need to be more fun:) Gage and Tip and so cute together. What a lucky boy to already have a dog to love. Ollie is so jealous. Love you guys. Sorry for not calling you back yesterday, but I wrote Cody a little email this morning.