9/15/11

Playset!!!

It only took us 5 months to finally set up my birthday present from May but the wait was worth it. Let me introduce the coolest addition to our home yet! A play set!


























I've been keeping an eye out for one of these but our budget just didn't allow us to spend the $500-$1,000 other play sets were going for. Around my birthday I spotted this one and sweet Cody went along with my compulsive craigslist spending crave. We got this awesome set for only $125 and it was well worth it! The first picture is one of three pictures we got from the owner. He had already disassembled it for us which was nice in some ways but terrible in that it was super hard to put back together again with just 3 pictures, all from the same angle. The guy had really thoroughly taken it apart so it just looked like a big heap of wood. It's funny cause when I looked at his picture I thought- "this will be so easy to put together. It doesn't have that many parts. We'll have it up and going in half a day". Wrong. Try two very long, very full days. Putting it together was just like a puzzle figuring out which posts were side and which ones corners. We also got a gallon sized Ziploc bag full of bolts that we also had to figure out. Plus the guy had never put up the swing set part so that was done totally blind. And the wood was in pretty rough state so we sanded some of it and painted the whole thing. It looks almost new! The only thing still missing in the set is a rope net to climb right in the front next to the slide. We're going to get that up this weekend hopefully. And I'd like to paint the rock climbing wall on the back brown. I just couldn't wait to post pictures of it! I've got to say that I have the most wonderful, willing husband in the world. I always pull him into these crazy projects during his precious law-school free weekends and I always think they will go fast but Cody's much more realistic than me. Gage's reaction to the play set has been great. He loves the middle swing so much and especially when I get on with him. He also really likes the picnic table that sits under the fort and has eaten out there a couple of times. The neighborhood kids also love it and had really put it through the ringer with their rough teenager play. I'm happy to report that it's proven to be solid as a rock and I'm so happy to have a great backyard to contribute to my mom's group. It'll be such a sad thing to leave with this house when we do move but I'm not sure it's the kind of thing I want to take apart and put back together again. Maybe it'll be one more thing to the house that'll help sell it when the time comes.




























3 comments:

Kyerra said...

Wow! What a great deal! I bet Gage is going to spend countless hours having so much fun on it!

Leisha said...

That is awesome! I swear, you get the best deals on things. That set would cost a good $800-$900 plus dollars up here. I loved seeing the neighborhood crew:)

Clara said...

So cool!!! I can't wait to see it. :)