9/13/11

A quick run to Idaho

























































So Cody decided to head to Idaho for Labor Day and me, being the wonderful, supportive wife that I am origionally wanted him to take Gage and leave me with some peace and quiet for the weekend. But then that wonderful suportivness took over and I decided to go with him and not leave him with the boy on a 9 hour drive. Actually a huge reason I wanted to go was that our fillies (baby girl horses) finally got done with training and were ready to be riden. And let me say it was a blast. It is a totally different riding experience being on a horse you've had since they were born and knowing that you'll have them in your family for the next 20 years or more. They couldn't be different personalities and strangly enough Cody and I got comfortable with the opposite horses we thought we'd love. Gage had a blast too playing with his cousins and discovering the joys of ATV rides with his dad and grandpa. And he was also filthy dirty most of the time. Also a givin when camping. He was so cute with his cousin mercedes. They would climb on the ATV and fight over who got to be in front. Tipsy was a huge hit amoungst the little kids. Especially when they learned she could sit, shake and lay down. It only took her a day of it to realize she never got any treats for doing the tricks. She would finally find a quiet place to take a nap and the kids would come running to tell me that she must be sick cause they poked and poked her and she wouldn't get up. Bless her heart she never got fed up or frustrated with the kids. She's such a good dog! The nice part was that Cody's grandma lives just up the road so we didn't even bother with a tent. We just slept there at night. Now that we're back safe and sound I get to hang out with a horribly grumpy teether and relish in the joys of getting up in the night with him and enduring his whinning in the day. I just feel so bad for him that so far he'd endured a third of his life with terrible teething. Also I have some really cute 18 month pictures coming up that I'll post next. They turned out sooooo cute and I should hope they did cause they were a ton!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

looks like you guys had a blast! i am jealous of all your fun summer adventures! cant wait to see gages 18 month pictures! love you all!

kelleyplus said...

The Browers live the kind of life I always hoped for. I'm so glad little Gage has this kind of life and this kind of love as a part of his life. The love of a grandparent is a gift to a child one my children didn't enjoy so much.

Rachel said...

You guys didn't even tell us that you were...you stinkers! Looks like you had fun. We're excited to see you guys next week!

annieq84 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.