9/4/12

Laura Linny and a blessing day


 What a happy busy weekend we had! My sweet dear sister came to visit this weekend and was able to also hear little Asher getting blessed in church. My rascal of a sister first told me she was coming just so I'd send her my address and then called back to cancel just so it would be a huge surprise when she showed up. Well I was very surprised and happy because I had been depressed all day that she wasn't able to make it. So I was totally ecstatic when I walked through the door after coming back from watching Spider Man and saw her sitting on the couch with the babysitter. Awesome. We went on a crazy run the next morning where Laura ran 7 miles straight (she's amazing) with me riding the bike towing Gage and the dog. She even got me to run two miles while she switched me for the bike. Talk about a motivator! Then on Saturday we went to a water park and had a blast with Gage. Cody's parents were also over for the weekend and we all got a kick out of Gage's attempts to swim. He can now tread water for about 5 feet but still can't come up for air so we have to stick pretty close. As soon as he comes up for air I know it'll just click for him.

Asher's blessing was on Sunday and I have to apologize to my mom and dad for assuming that they weren't coming because of their cruise. I should have been way more responsible than that. Guess I'll just have to come and visit this Fall :) The blessing was beautiful (at least what I was able to listen to- Gage was being really distracting). Cody blessed Asher that he'd be a person of faith, showing his family what true faith is like. He also promised him that he'd serve a mission and do well because of his faith. So sounds like he'll be quite the faithful little guy. And I could totally see that happening. I only got one picture of Asher in his blessing outfit because he peed all over it after church and also he needed a nap. So the photo shoot afterwards were mostly of him bare skin which is what I really like. All in all it was a wonderful weekend that included friends and family and so much love. All the time I look down at Asher and thank my Heavenly Father for not giving him to anyone else. He's just where he's meant to be.






Ice cream treat from Aunt Linny

About what a typical picture is for us, cranky kids :)


This beautiful crochet blanket was made by a great friend in the ward. Took her forever!





What a gorgeous girl!






5 comments:

Silvesters said...

I can't see half of the pictures you posted? Is anyone else having this problem. I don't know if it loaded them all correctly or not. Glad it was a fun sounding weekend thought.

Clara said...

I loved all the pictures Annie!! I'm so glad we got to be at the blessing. We sure love your family.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful sister going to visit for the blessing. Who doesn't love our little Laura Lynny!! I love your shirt in the blessing day picture. Whoever gave that to you sure has great taste. =)

kelleyplus said...

What are you talking about. The pictures are beautiful!

Rachel said...

You have such a beautiful family. These pictures are great! Love you!