9/10/12

Re-doing the back yard

 Well let me first say that these "muddy" pictures do not do Gage justice with how much mud he covered his whole body with. To explain we are rototilling and re-seeding our back yard since it died this summer. It was so hot and I just didn't have the energy to raise a newborn and worry about watering the back lawn everyday. So the backyard is getting a do over and it is a messy job! The ground in back is so hard that we needed to turn the soil. But it's so hard that we have to soak the ground so that we can till it. So that equals a lot of mud and Gage is in toddler heaven. His favorite past times include filling the dogs water with mud, smearing it on my sliding glass door and of course covering both dogs with as much mud as he can. I'm excited cause the project is going to look great when it's done but in the mean time it is giving me the messiest backyard ever!



Just a bit of mud


The back part has been tilled already

Filling the dogs water with mud

2 comments:

Rachel said...

It's going to look great when you get it finished. I know how much hard work it takes.

kelleyplus said...

How can a kid look so darned cute when he's all muddy. I know, it's the grin!