12/3/09

Baby Time!









Well I finally located the ultrasound pictures and thought that they would be nice to put up even though they are months old. So any of you that are still in doubt about whether or not I'm pregnant or just getting chubbier- here's the proof you've been waiting for. Little Gage Lynn (the name I'm pretty sure we've decided to go with) has been doing great. He is moving all the time and will sometimes give me kicks that take a bit of the wind out of me. I think he's going to be big and strong like his daddy but hopefully not too big. After all- I just was looking at Cody's birth certificate and he was born 9 pounds and 1 ounce. Such a big baby! As for him being strong like Cody he's going to have to be. Already he's survived being thrown from a horse, jumping off a waterfall, and now hiking 5 miles up a 1500 foot ascent called Angels Landing in Zion National Park. I didn't intend to go that far but I was surprisingly not tired that day and just kept going. That's why Gage is tough- not like he had a choice when I was doing all that stuff but I like to think that even in my tummy he's already instilled with a sense of adventure.
Thanksgiving this year was a blast with only 1 broken back, 1 scratched neck, 1 bee sting and several close calls of almost being squashed by a 4 wheeler. Poor Dad finally went to the doctors to find out that he fractred one of his vertebrae. Crazy guy! We stayed in some nice little cabins outside the East end of the park and spent our days hiking, horseback riding and riding ATV's on the sand dunes. I would like to point out that the one activity that I was forbidden to do (horseback riding) was harmless and the other two ending up being the most dangerous. The entire list of injuries above came from the ATV's and the day after we hiked Angels Landing a women fell from a height of 1000 feet and died. Then again I get to ride horses all the time so I wasn't too bummed about it. That's about all I have in way of random news. I haven't been able to locate my camera since Thanksgiving so as soon as I find it I'll do some more updates with pictures. Happy Holidays everyone!

5 comments:

Kyerra said...

I love your pics, especially the ultrasound pics! How fun to see him! And yes, I hope for your sake that he is not as big as Cody was when he is born!!! Youch!!!! I love hearing news about you guys, and look forward to the next posting! Love you guys! Hugs!!!

Amanda said...

finally proof! :) i was starting to wonder! haha.

although like we talked about yesterday, your pics are totally fueling my paranoia that my baby isn't really a boy and it was just the umbilical cord we saw haha. i love how your little guy has his cord right by his ahem.. parts. and the cord looks just like my potty shot! arggg. hopefully when we move i can convince my new doctor for a re-check. that'd be nice!

Unknown said...

Seriously, you're right. The ATVing was a little extreme only if you a. had no idea what you were doing...hummm... and b. if you went full blast down a STEEP hill! Love the ultra sound pics!

Ted Gambles said...

Glad you had a great time. Unfortunately, the lady that died was Lilli's speech pathologist. About a year ago, we got concerned that Lilli wasn't really talking so we got her into speech therapy. Of course, right after we signed her up she started to talk! We used her services for a few weeks and then she said that Lilli was OK. Anyway, it is pretty sad.

andrea said...

You are so adorable. How could he not have a sense of adventure with you as his mother! He is going to be amazing! I miss you.