12/6/09

Sleigh bells ring... are you listen'n

I don't have much time to write but I found my camera (it was in my car that I let my sister-in-law use) so I thought that I would at least put up some pictures. Of course there have to be horse pictures involved and I thought that I would also include some of Cody and I setting up our tree. It turned out really cute but it's hard to see the darling ornaments I bought. True to Idaho tradition Cody and I went up to the woods with his parents to cut down a live tree for only $10. It's been one of my new favorite traditions since marrying into the Brower family. And the tree lasts forever because it doesn't have to be transported for days and die in the process. So this is the little tree we picked and I love it. Last year I had in mind a huge beautiful tree and it took an hour for me to settle on one. This year I came with the realization that wild trees just don't look as full as the expensive store bought ones and it only took me 10 min to see this one and cut it down. That also might have stemmed from being pregnant and not wanting to trudge through the snow for an hour. Regardless these are the pictures and it made me realize Cody and I need a new camera really bad. Especially before the baby comes cause this camera is taking really horrible pictures. So if anyone knows of any deals right now do share. I'd like one that will not disappoint but that will also be a fair price. Love you all and happy holidays!



5 comments:

Unknown said...

How great. We just have one of those pre-lit, fake trees. Very un-Christmas, but it is SO MUCH EASIER. Don't worry, I plug in a pine scented air freshener so we get the smell =)

kelleyplus said...

I love your tree! We may jsut do a table top tree this year because of dad's back injury. No lights either. Good thing everyone will be at thier in-laws this year. It will be so sparse here! So sad.
Mom

Kyerra said...

I love your little tree! It looks like you did a good job picking one out! And I agree, I love the tradition of going up and getting a tree!

Leisha said...

It is a pretty little tree:) I love that tradition as well along with the hot chocolate and doughnuts.

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

Very cute tree. We don't have one this year, just enjoying the Facer's but I have thought about going and getting a really small one for our room. Too bad even the small ones are like 20 bucks! I need your address to send you guys a card. You are looking great, love that baby boy!