2/25/11

Walking!

Little Gage is walking and I'm so proud of him!!! He's been walking for about the last month but I didn't want to claime that he REALLY was cause he was being forced into most of it. But finally I can say that he is happily and willingly walking on his own free will which is a cause for celebration! He still prefers to crawl but I'm sure he'll be won over by the biped way soon enough. He continues to be a bundle of energy and fun.

Also in other news I went to the doctor to have my thyroid tested cause I've had problems with it in the past and I just got the results back today. Turns out I'm not only hypothyroidic but REALLY hypothyroidic! The doctor said the lab results were the highest she's ever seen in her professional life. A normal thyroid level is somewhere under 4. My results came in at over 150. They begin to medicate people when they hit a 10. So yeah. The way they measure it is your petuitary gland keeps track of how many thyroids your thyroid gland is producing. When your gland notices a shortage it sends a message to your thyroid to up the production. The THS number (mine was over 150) is how much the gland is telling the thyroid to produce. So that means I pretty much have had an inactive thyroid, probably for a while. My doctor mentioned that it could have been a factor in it taking me awhile to get pregnant with Gage. So I got my pills today and am really hoping to see some result. It should take about a week for the medicine to start working and after that It"ll take a few months to get the dosage right. So if anyones been really tired, depressed, cold or numbing of the hands or unexpected weight gain you might want to get yours checked out. It's just a simple blood test. Most of the evidence shows that this is a life long problem so I might just have to take a pill everyday for the rest of my life. It's funny cause the doctor said she was shocked to see my results because I didn't seem to have super severe symptoms but she said that when someones had it for a long time they can just learn to deal with it and ignore the effects. So I'm just mostly relieved that the problem is what I thought it was and hopefully I can get rid of the numbing of my hands. By far that was the symptom. My doctor mentioned that it might make me a high risk pregnancy next time I get pregnant so we'll see. Just wish I would have known all this for my pregnancy with Gage. The doctor said I was most likely super hypothyroidic then and that would account for a lot of the things I had to deal with. Numbness being the main one! I'm really hoping I can kiss the carpel tunnel goodbye and never see it again but we'll just have to wait and see!

No comments: