2/9/11

Home improvements





























































So here are some fun projects that I've been up to in the house. Gage's room has taken several segments to complete and even then I'd love to have pasture fencing go around the room. Maybe during the summer when the garage isn't so cold to work in! The bathroom that I re-did is our masters and now has a beautiful row boat picture in place of our wedding one. In a couple of the pictures Gage is helping his Dad build a frame for a giant 3' by 6' mirror we had cut and it turned out great. Seriously professional looking and I'd bet you'd have to pay hundreds in store to get it's equal. Our grand total cost in the end was only $80 with a lot of the stain and lumber left over so we can use it again! We wanted to put it in our bedroom but it turned out to be too big for the space so we put it in the front entryway and it looks beautiful. I'll snap a pic and get it on as soon as possible. I'm also going to try and include a video of Gage riding his bouncy horse in his room. He was a little unsure about it at first but now he's really starting to warm up to it.


Gage has decided that walking is over-rated and has decided that crawling is just that much better. He walks just fine and takes sets of steps all the time but he's just too lazy to move to it preminatly. He doesn't even fall when he walks. He just maintans perfect balance and sits where ever he's at. Not that I'm complaining. I've heard they get near impossible to watch once they really start running around. I'm just glad that I haven't had to get up with him in the night for the last month so I'm thinking we really are beyond the 3am wake ups. My new fav is that he's starting to throw himself to the ground when he gets upset and I think it's so hilarious. Just face down, kicking feet and then he'll look up at me with such dismay that I can't help laughing. If anything can be said of him, he's got a great boo face.


Temperatures here have been near fatal with several days not breaking zero degrees so I can't wait till the summer comes. Luckly it's been a way better winter than I've had the last few years in Rexburg so I'm not complaining much but I would like to be able to wear less layers when I'm out and about. On another note Cody interviewed for a JAG internship, which is the Army's legal program. There are only 25 positions available in the whole Army so odds are against him. But it did get us thinking about the Jag program and all the great benefits they could offer. Such as retirement by 45, his 8 previous years of service would count towards retirement and he would be in an environment that he's familiar with, student loan payback, and job security. He would also become an officer which would be cool. So who knows, maybe in 3 years we'll be heading out to who knows where in the manditory 4 years abroad. Sounds like fun huh?





4 comments:

kelleyplus said...

Annie!!! Everything looks fabulous. I just got home and here was this great blog with great pictures too. I LOVE the green bathroom. Did you paint the tree? Sooo cute honey. Aren't you so proud!

Leisha said...

Ha ha tee hee, I love the look on Gage's face like "What did you do that for?" Wow, your bathroom looks great:)

Unknown said...

Seriously I am in awe...Gage's room is SO CUTE! I had no idea you could paint like that. Is that the closet doors that look like barn doors? I love them! Can you come to my house please? =)

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

First off I cannot handle that last picture of Gage eating his cake! I don't think there's even been a better cake eating pic in all of history! I love the home improvements. When and if we ever buy a house, I'm going to have to hire you and Leah to come over and help me with home improvements. And the live abroad thing!!! That is like my dream in life, you guys should totally do it.