12/29/11

Feliz Navidad!




Merry Christmas everyone! Things have finally calmed down enough to get a blog post up. Christmas this year was so much fun. We didn't travel anywhere because of my history of miscarriages and I just didn't want to take the chance, so we had some wonderful friends invite us in for Christmas Eve and a different family for Christmas day. The Warners are our best
friends here and I seriously wonder what we'd do without them. They have 5 kids and the house is full of all the love and chaos both Cody and I had growing up in big families. Plus Gage loves being fussed over by the 4 girls. We did a little nativity thing with the kids and we made it all the way through it (which was more than I expected). We even managed to break out the chimes and play some Christmas classics. We actually pulled that off pretty well and Cody only had to stab one of the kids with his chime to get them to be quiet.






















Gage pretending to be a wise man.



















The wise men (or wise guys as Thayne likes to be called) and Mary. I spray painted some BK crowns. Not too shabby huh?




















Mary and Joseph with Cody as the donkey. Gage really wanted a turn at riding.

















Just the sweetest girls ever!

We had a total blast and as usual didn't get home till mindnight or so. I'm so grateful that we have a transportable kid. Gage is such a champ at falling asleep at other people's houses and goes right to bed when we get home. It's really helps us to get out with friends and not be stuck at home. Christmas day we spent with the Owen's (some friends from church) and they made an amazing prime rib that was to die for. All I've wanted to eat this whole pregnancy is red meat which is so different than it was with Gage. Just some funny little differences. Like the fact that I haven't thrown up yet and don't think I will. Just a lot of sich feelings but even that's tapering off a little. Still having to take a nap during the day and that's with Cody letting me sleep in often. I'm going to die when he goes back to school. I've heard 2nd trimester is a good time to tell everyone you're pregnant but I've also heard 14 weeks. Thoughts on the matter?





Christmas was a blast and Gage loved all the presents we got him. By the end of the morning he was a pro at opening presents. I've got to say that I just love my little boy so much. He's so loving and caring and some how pulls off being super energized all the time but still being an easy going kid. We've been working on kisses lately and he came and gave me a big one this morning as he left with Cody to the pool. Man it just melted my heart! This next baby sure has some big shoes to fill! I'm sure I'll have no problem loving the new baby just as much as I do Gage.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you had a great Christmas! It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. I love the hair by the way! The swoopy bangs look adorable. You can really pull off a shorter hair cut. Love and miss you!

Unknown said...

Did GAge walk right past a cool scooter just to play with a shopping cart? He's a little lover that's for sure!

Unknown said...

OH, that was mom not leah.

Silvesters said...

I am glad your christmas was great. I miss you guys so bad!!!! Looks like you had a lot of fun, I can't wait to see your little guy. He melts my heart just seeing him.