5/22/12

Patio perfect!

Lately it seems like every time I express a desire to have something that should be way out of the family budget, it magically falls into my lap somehow. Patio furniture has been one of those things and despite a solid month of craigslist hounding I wasn't having any luck. And then Cody was helping to get a ward members fencing to the dump and they mentioned that they were wanting to get rid of their patio furniture. For free! Sweet, I know. So I spent most of yesterday sanding the thing down and gave it a new rust proof/ water proof coating. I forgot to do before and after pictures but trust me- it looks way better! I bought some cushions with my in laws birthday money they sent but I decided to spend the gift card on lumber for a new bunny hutch. Sad news about the bunny. Tipsy killed him. I know it was simple natural instincts but I'm thoroughly disappointed in her. Somehow she got into the enclosure we were keeping the bunny in and mom and I came home to a very unrepentant dog gloating over her kill. It was like in the moment she saw me she suddenly realized she wasn't suppose to kill the bunny because the remorse hit her full on. And my foot helped drive the point home. Poor little bunny! The neighbor I got him from was really understanding and is even going to give us another. I promised I wouldn't let the dog kill this one. Hence the reason for a new and improved bunny hutch. Anyway, I'm really pleased with the furniture and could have been happier for how it turned out!

Having my mom visit was just the best thing in the world. I'm so glad she is someone I can totally hang out with and feel like I'm with an old friend (don't worry mom, as in a long time friend, not elderly)! The baby shower was wonderful and of course I didn't take any pictures. So lame of me! But the week went great and even though it was one of the busiest weeks in a while my mom was a trouper and got her grandma time in with Gage. She sure loves her grandson! Even though he would kick her out of the bathroom when she was praising him for a potty well done. I sure hope his attachment to me lessens before this new baby comes. Otherwise he's in for a big change. I've been having so many contractions lately which is new for me because they didn't happen that I remember when I was pregnant with Gage. They are so uncomfortable and already I'm counting the days till he's out! Especially because it's in the high 80's today and I'm roasting! 





4 comments:

Silvesters said...

The patio furniture looks nice. You and cody are so good an restoring or creating new things for your house that always look so nice. Love ya!

Clara said...

I love the patio furniture! I took some pictures of the decorations and food from the party....will send it to you soon. :) Sorry I didn't take pictures of the group...completely spaced it!

Unknown said...

I'm sorry about your bunny! The furniture looks great, very retro!

Rachelle and sometimes Katelyn said...

The patio set looks great! As for the high 80's weather, I AM JELIOUS!!!!! It is 108 here in AZ today. Enjoy your "HOT" weather. lol ;-)