5/29/12

Fire Station Trip!

The local mom's group I'm a member of organized a tour of the local fire department today and I'm so glad it was at a time when we could go. Gage has been utterly obsessed with fire trucks lately and he loved the tour. We got to go all around the firehouse and see the big engines that were in it. My favorite part was when one of the firemen dressed in the rescue gear to show the kids what they would look like if he ever had to come in the house for a fire. The whole get up did look pretty scary and apparently they have a problem with kids hiding from firemen when a fire is going on. So I got Gage to give him a hi five and tried to communicate to him that these guys were our friends and that we shouldn't be scared of them. All in all it was a really touching field trip because I was able to meet the wonderful people that would be saving my family if the need ever arose. Like they said, when there is a lot to lose they'll risk their lives and I know they all considered our children to be the most important things they could save. I'm glad I held it together while I was there cause I was pretty near tears just thinking about it. So nice to know such wonderful and willing helpers are so near! And really near because they are just a 60 second drive from my house. 

My favorite picture of the day. Gage loved getting to wear his fireman's hat.

I tried a bunch of times but dumb blog wouldn't upload this correctly. Still a really cute picture! 

Check'n out all the gear on his jacket. 

Hi five to the scary guy in the mask. Gage is so brave! Kids twice his age wouldn't go near the guy! 

The whole group together for a picture

1 comment:

Clara said...

Love this post! Thanks for sharing Annie!