5/19/09

A BABY HORSE!!! Welcome to the world little Coco Brower! She was born last night around midnight and we missed it by maybe 10 minutes. I went out to feed them yesterday and noticed that Beans milk had come in so I ran to get Cody and we went out every hour to see if anything would happen. She was acting kind of funny but all the internet sources said that it could still be days till the foal came in so we tried not to over react and hound her. Well around midnight we went to see her right before bed just to make sure nothing was going on. We rounded the barn and pointed our flash light in and saw a little brown baby horse in the back. It was this magical, crazy moment when Cody and I both looked at eachother and said "there is a baby horse in the barn!" Turns out that Bean had it covered and gave birth without any assistance. I moved the placenta and sack off the ground and moved it and then we sat there for a few hours rubbing her and drying her off. It was so much fun seeing this darling little baby horse that was so soft and velvet and sleepy from exhaustion. Here are some pictures of her. The name Coco came beacuse her mom is white and named Bean so we thought it fitting that a little brown baby of Bean be named Coco Bean. I feel like cody and I have had our first baby the way we are worrying and fusing over her. Our other horse should go any day so I'll keep everyone updated.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Coco is adorable. You two look like such proud parents =)

kelleyplus said...

What should I send my new grandcolt?

Skyler and Jill said...

Oh my gosh Coco is soooo cute. I am so jealous, I wish we had some pets around our house. That would be so much fun.

Rachelle and sometimes Katelyn said...

I am so jealous that you guys are able to have horses, enjoy every minute of your large land. Annie, what did you get your degree in? Your job seems amazingly fun.

Julie Luke said...

Annie, You lucky girl you are living the life that I would have loved. What adventure it is so much fun reading your blog to see all the great stuff you are doing. I sure do miss you and your family. I love you, continue living the life.