4/2/12

Lots and Lots of Visitors

We had such a fun week this week with guests in town! It was spring break for a bunch of our friends and what started out as just a couple of families coming turned into five families and a bunch of kids. The house was packed and if it weren't for our 1500 sq ft of unfinished basement we never could have done it. Everyone did such a good job pitching in and helping to clean and cook. Plus after Cody's brother and girlfriend took off yesterday Cody helped me clean the house while we listened to conference and that made all those visitors even more worth it. Cody's such a great husband! The weeks activities consisted of being outside, all the time. The weather was beautiful. We had a bounce house that we borrowed from and friend and the jungle gym in the back yard so it was the perfect way to keep the kids out of the house. We also went shopping and took a trip to the state dog park so the kids could play in the river and see all the dogs. They had a blast and the cutest part was teaching Gage and Atreyu to hold hands (which they wanted to keep doing throughout the week). It was pretty disastrous at times cause one kid would run ahead, jerking the one behind him and causing him to shoot ahead, fall and then trip the kid that had lunged in the first place. Both kids usually ended on the ground at first and then they got the hang of it. Denver has all the leaves and plants blooming right now and it is transforming this place into the gorgeous green heaven that it is in the summer. I'm so glad the summer is coming on, although it's making it seem so close which is making the babies due date seem so close. Yesterday was 85 degrees and it made me realize I don't have a ton of time left in this pregnancy. In two weeks I'll be into my third trimester and I can't believe how quickly that happened! About this time last pregnancy I hiked angel's landing at Zion's and although it was a fraction of the effort I managed to do a smaller hike on Saturday. We took Cody's brother and girlfriend to Red Rocks and it was pretty cool. It's a huge amphitheater built into the rocks with some pretty hikes all around it. Someone was even getting married while we were there. Gage had a blast playing on the rocks and he was filthy covered in red dust by the time he was done.


























I love these rock cave pictures of Gage!






















































Bath time happened a lot and everyone had to join in for the fun
























Everybody found a friend for the week!








They sure loved holding hands and were the best of buds






















7 comments:

Rachel said...

It's funny...I just finished blogging about the week and I saw that you had just done the same. What a great time together!

kelleyplus said...

Oh Annie, what fun!!The pictures are just beautiful. What beautiful weather you had! I hope the weather holds for my visit!
See you soon! Mom

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

So fun!! I would love to have all our friends over like that, although we don't have a basement:) Gage is like this full on big boy now, I can hardly believe it! He is so cute, glad you guys had fun

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

So fun!! I would love to have all our friends over like that, although we don't have a basement:) Gage is like this full on big boy now, I can hardly believe it! He is so cute, glad you guys had fun

Kyerra said...

How fun! It sounds like you all had a blast!

Unknown said...

Aren't visitors the best? It's nice when everybody goes home too. =)I'm glad you guys had such a fun week and bless that husband of yours for being so great!

Leisha said...

Thanks for the catch up on all your visitors:) I am glad you all had fun and that you survived:)